Happy Monday and welcome to 25 Minute Crispy Breakfast Potatoes. Now you will be excitedly waiting for the weekend to arrive so you can make these potatoes! Saturday morning can’t come soon enough! SorryNOTsorry because trust me, these potatoes are well worth the wait!
Guys, I get it Saturday morning rolls around and all you want is to make something a little extra special, yet simple. You NEED a break from your hard boiled eggs you have every single week day, amiright?! Only problem is sometimes on Saturday your fridge is kind of empty except for maybe a few eggs and a lonely carrot. Then you see the potatoes over in the corner that you forgot about and they need to be cooked before they go bad. You know that a lot of breakfast potatoes can take 45 minutes to cook and you still want to enjoy your Saturday. So you cut the potatoes into thin rounds instead of quartering them and fry them up in a pan which only takes your 25 minutes! You add a little flavor boost with some garlic powder, smoked paprika (<- life changing), salt and pepper. You take a bite of one little potato and you instantly determine that these are the BEST breakfast potatoes you’ve ever had in your entire life. Period!
BEST Saturday/Sunday/any-day-you-have-off-work morning breakfast!
I know you will love these 25 Minute Crispy Breakfast Potatoes. They only require 25 minutes (<– but you already knew that ;)), 1 pan, and 5 ingredients (not including S&P). These potatoes are creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside. They are smoky, garlicky, and perfectly salted. You can serve them with ketchup or sriracha or any condiment you prefer BUT we find they are bursting with so much flavor that there is no need – they are perfect just the way they are! We love to enjoy 25 Minute Crispy Breakfast Potatoes along side some scrambled eggs or maybe even some bacon if we’re really feeling like an indulgent weekend breakfast.
25 Minute Crispy Breakfast Potatoes would be the perfect addition to any brunch table or whenever you have guests staying over. You could also serve your guests an Asparagus Frittata (<– bc it’s asparagus season!). Or you can try out my Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs with Swiss Chard. Here’s to no more boring Saturday breakfasts!
- 1 tablespoon butter (use vegan butter for vegans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups yukon gold potatoes, sliced into rounds (about ¾ inch thick)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Thyme leaves or chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Melt the butter and add the oil. Add the potatoes, arrange them in a single layer. Cook on one side for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to brown on the one side. Sprinkle with half of the spices.
- Flip the potatoes and cook another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender and slightly crispy.
- transfer the potatoes to a serving plate. Garnish with fresh thyme or chopped parsley (if desired). Serve immediately, best when fresh. Serve with ketchup or any other preferred condiment, although we find these potatoes are so flavorful and creamy they don't need any ketchup
- If you have leftovers you can try heating them in a pan to keep them crisp up again.
Nutrition facts are calculated for 3 servings. It does not include ketchup or any other condiments.