It’s Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year!
Now that it’s officially Christmas season, it is time to break out the decorations and play Christmas music non-stop. My Christmas tree is up and my Pandora station has switched to Christmas tunes until further notice. All that’s left is some holiday cooking.
What better way to spark your Christmas spirit then to make a beautiful, festive, red Beet and Yogurt Dip?
As long as you have cooked beets on hand (which I recommend), you can whip this dip up in 10 minutes flat. That is my kind of dip!
It is the perfect dip for a last minute party invite or a surprise guest, or lunch (which is how I devoured my dip).
The Greek yogurt lends a creamy, tangy flavor that complements the sweet, earthy beet flavor and the saltiness of the cheese.
It is a great healthy alternative to a store-bought dip. The yogurt offers plenty of protein and beets are incredibly healthy for you.
Trust me, everyone will love this dip. It is delicious, festive, and healthy. What more could you ask for?
- ⅔ cup plain Greek yogurt (either full-fat or non-fat will work; I used non-fat)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large cooked and cooled beet (about ¼ cup), diced*
- 1.5 ounces queso fresco cheese, crumbled (could also use feta cheese)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place the Greek yogurt, garlic, beet, queso fresco cheese in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add in the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pita chips, or veggies. Can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.