Be prepared my friends for one of the BEST cookies of your life!
Okay, maybe not of your life but these berry chocolate chip cookies are my new favorite cookies – at least until my next favorite cookies come along!
My friends, these berry chocolate chip cookies are soft, tender and perfectly chewy. They are filled with dried cherries (<- THE BEST), dried blueberries, and dark chocolate chips. Cause berries and chocolate were meant to be!
Best part is these cookies are gluten free (but you knew that because you read titles) and non gluten free eaters will never suspect a thing. The bulk of this recipe is made using blanched almond flour. I know, almond flour can be pretty pricey BUT it does yield a perfect gluten free cookie (<– worth it!). An almond flour cookie doesn’t crumble away when they are one day old. It doesn’t have a hint of gritty texture like some gluten free flours do.
Dear Almond flour, you know how to do it right. You know how to be a delicious gluten free cookie!
I know you will love these cookies. The combo of those chewy berries, a little tartness from the cherries and sweetness from the blueberries plus the creamy dark chocolate is mind blowing! Then all of those flavors are snuggled in a soft, cake-y cookie dough. You may never make another chocolate chip cookie without throwing those dried berries in there again!
Okay, you probably will because CHOCOLATE!
TBH I made these berry chocolate chip cookies the same day as I made those coconut lime cookies I just shared last week. Both delicious cookies, but guess which one got eaten up first? Yup, these berry chocolate chip cookies did! <– WINNERS!
Sorry coconut lime cookies, but it’s true.
As much as I complain about my sauna kitchen when I turn on the oven our weather has been abnormally cool lately. Mother nature has it backwards, I think. Still, in the spirit of all things summer from now on all my desserts will be no bake and most likely frozen. Be prepared for something fudge-y, cold, and a little boozy!!!!! Can’t wait to share that one with you!
But for now, enjoy these berry chocolate chip cookies, they have for sure earned their spotlight moment!
(BTW I’m so excited for you to make these cookies, friends! And a little bit jealous.)
- Dry ingredients
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons agave or honey
- Mix ins
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- scant ½ cup dark chocolate chips (use Dairy free for dairy free eaters)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet by greasing it or lining it with parchment paper or a silpat mat. Set the baking sheet aside.
- Make the dough: In a large mixing bowl whisk together the dry ingredients until all the lumps have been removed. Add in all of the wet ingredients and mix using a spatula until everything is well incorporated. Mix in the dried cherries, dried blueberries, and chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies: Use a small cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons to scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet. You should have 12 to 15 cookies. Use your hand to flatten the cookies. If there were any berries or chocolate chips that fell away from the dough add them to the top of bare cookies. OR use extra berries and chocolate chips to decorate, if desired. (<- food styling trick).
- Bake: Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies have browned slightly. Allow to cool completely before removing the cookies.
- EAT: Enjoy the cookies immediately or store them in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. They do keep for up to 7 days, but they start to soften more and loose their texture after 4 days, still good though!
Nutrition facts are calculated for 1 out of 15 cookies.