Hello there welcome to December! Wait, what it’s DECEMBER 2016?!?! This cannot be! I started these monthly Recap installments exactly 1 year ago to review the recipes I made that month and everything I am into. It’s a slow down and look at what we’ve accomplished – well okay what we ate the month before post. It’s a fun way to kick off the next month.
I missed October’s recap because things happened and then we went to San Antonio – pictures and stories are coming real soon. Pinkie promise! So, I decided to combine the two. Let’s start with October.
What We Ate in October:
- Healing Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
- Gluten Free Savory Zucchini Bread
- One Pan Sun Dried Tomato Chicken
- Peanut Butter Apple Granola Bars (GF + V)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
October didn’t go as planned so I didn’t get to make my usual amount of recipes. Although it was short it was still very delicious! My favorites were the Healing Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup and the Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins!!
What We Ate in November:
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Fall White Wine Apple Sangria
- One Pan Green Eggs and Potatoes
- Gluten Free Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
- 5 Minute Spiced Pecans
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Spiced Pecans
- Lemon Artichoke Soup
- Matcha Cherry Energy Balls
November was an extra tasty month with all those Thanksgiving recipes! My favorites were the Gluten Free Chocolate Pecan Pie and the Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole! Soooo yum! What were your favorites?!
What I’ve Been Into:
Drinks: Be ready for a laundry list of my favorite drinks! I turn to warm comforting teas and other warming drinks to help keep my spirits lifted as days get shorter and the weather cools down.
- Turmeric Ginger + Honey Immunity Bomb by Clean and Delicious. I JUST discovered this one like 2 days ago and have been in obsessed! You mix up a jar of ginger, turmeric, lemon zest, cayenne pepper, and a bunch of other yummy immune boosting ingredients with some raw honey. Then you mix a little bit of the paste in with a little juice or some hot water for tea and drink up! It’s warming, comforting, and makes me feel healthier with every sip! You have got to check it out!
- Golden Milk. This drink is super healthy and comforting, perfect for a slightly sweet after dinner treat. I love this recipe by Nutrition Stripped, I have played around with adding other spices on occasion.
- Yogi Tea: I really lean into the hot teas this time of year. It is comforting, healthy, and brings me joy. Right now my favorites are Bedtime it helps me unwind, Egyptian Licorice and Mint, and Healthy skin – I need all of the help I can get with my dry skin during the cold months.
Eats: Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups. I know, I know I’m way late to be just getting into their peanut butter cups now but they are soooo good! Way better than Reese’s (sorry not sorry!) You gotta try them if you haven’t already!
Read: Minimalist Baker Everyday Cooking and Insprialize Everything by Ali Maffucci! Yes, I am one of those weird people who reads cookbooks like they’re a novel! I received both of these cookbooks for an early Christmas present and love them! BTW if you are looking for Xmas gifts they would make great gifts. Just sayin’. I also read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Well it’s actually a screen play but once you get used to reading it in screenplay form then it’s really good and a fast read.
Watch: Once Upon a Time. So good. If you like fairy tales with a modern twist this show is for you. AND Gilmore Girl’s revival on Netflix. I have mentioned this before, but I am a HUGE Gilmore Girl’s fan. I am only two episodes in so NO SPOILERS ALLOWED IN THE COMMENTS! I mean it guys!!! So far I am loving it! 🙂
What To Expect:
December, the most wonderful time of the year! Or so they say! Really December is pretty great! Expect some warming, healthy meals sprinkled with some tasty treats! See you back here tomorrow for our first recipe of DECEMBER 2016! Be excited!!! It’s a good one!!!!