Father’s day is coming up this Sunday! Don’t worry; I’ve got you covered. What father doesn’t love a good barbecue sauce? I know mine does.
Make this orange-whiskey barbeque sauce for your dad on Sunday and he will be speechless.
It is sweet, tangy, and orange-y, with a hint of whiskey. Serve it with chicken or pork on the grill. Or simply put it in a cute mason jar with a label so that dad can use it whenever he wants and he will think of you each time.
The recipe is simple and I guarantee that you have all of the ingredients in your refrigerator. So there are no excuses this year. Put a smile on your dad’s face on father’s day by handing him a jar of this amazing barbecue sauce! You can thank me later.
- 1 cup organic ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 shots whiskey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Juice of ½ an orange
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small sauce pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Allow to simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You know the sauce is done when it has reduced by half and thickened. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Serve warmed with chicken or pork.