Hi and welcome to the first official day of SPRING!!!!!!! AKA the BEST SEASON OF THE YEAR!!! Even if it doesn’t quite feel like spring just yet I know it’s on it’s way! Don’t you just LOVE everything about spring?! The transformation, from blah brown winter to beautiful bright green little buds popping up on the trees. Yes, okay, it’s a bit muddy at times and rainy but for me there is something so magical about the transformation from the hibernation to re-birth that gets me as excited as a school girl on a snow day! How about we celebrate the first day of spring by eating ALL of the veggies in this Simple Spring Salad with Sugar Snap Peas and Burrata?!?!
Simple Spring Salad with Sugar Snap Peas and Burrata is packed with spinach and crunchy, sweet sugar snap peas, thinly sliced radishes that add a pop of color and kick, pistachios that add a nice salty crunch. AND that rich, creamy burrata mixes perfectly with the tangy lemon herb dressing. Plus the extra fresh mint leaves makes everything taste like warm sunny days.
This salad couldn’t be any easier to make. You chop up a few fresh herbs, throw them in with some fresh squeezed lemon juice, garlic, honey, mustard, and olive oil and screw the lid of that mason jar on and SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! Dressing DONE! Then we throw all the veggies, spinach, sugar snap peas, thinly sliced radishes, shelled pistachios, a few extra mint leaves, and some pieces of burrata – drizzle with the dressing and salad is DONE! Seriously, 10 minutes is all you need to make this light, healthy salad.
If you aren’t familiar with burrata it is fresh mozzarella that is stuffed with shredded mozzarella that has been soaked in heavy cream!!! And it is divine and blissful and life changing! I can’t always find burrata ( I sometimes cry myself to sleep at night), so you could sub fresh mozzarella slices, or mozzarella mini pearls, or really use any cheese you prefer. OR if you wanna stay away from cow’s milk you could use goat cheese, yum – or omit the cheese all together to keep this salad vegan.
This Simple Spring Salad with Sugar Snap Peas and Burrata is a use-what-you’ve-got kind of salad. The base is spinach but you could use arugula, a spring green mix, or baby romaine – anything you prefer. I used pistachios for crunch because GREEN, but you can use whatever kind of nuts you fancy The fresh mint though. It gives this salad a level of freshness and brightness that makes everything feel all spring-y – LOVE it. BUT if you can’t get your hands on fresh mint, no worries just use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand or can get a hold of, parsley, rosemary, sage, or thyme! Basically what I’m sayin’ is that you can mix and match, use whatever you like and keep it simple. Just celebrate this time of rebirth by nourishing your body with all the wonderful veggies. YAY for SPRING!!!
Simple Spring Salad with Sugar Snap Peas and Burrata makes the perfect side salad or appetizer to any meal. If you feel like bulking it up you could add chicken, shrimp, quinoa, or brown rice for protein – sky is the limit!
For a complete meal you could serve Simple Spring Salad with Sugar Snap Peas and Burrata with One pan Lemon Chicken, One Pan Sun Dried Tomato Chicken, or my Easy Ribs with Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce – now that would be the ultimate way to celebrate spring!
More Simple salads you’re gonna love:
- Lemon Herb Vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped (thyme, parsley, rosemary, or whatever you have on hand)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups spinach (or use any greens you prefer, arugula, spring mix etc)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 to 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shelled pistachios
- ½ to 1 whole burrata ball (or sub mini fresh mozzarella balls)
- salt and pepper
- Fresh mint leaves
- Make Dressing: In a small mason jar add all of the ingredients, screw the lid on and shake until well combined. OR add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Assemble Salad: To a large mixing bowl, or two individual bowls add the spinach (or whatever green of choice) add the sugar snap peas, radishes, and shelled pistachios. Carefully break off small pieces of the burrata and place randomly on the salad (or sprinkle on the mozzarella balls). Sprinkle the burrata pieces/mozzarella balls with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the salad dressing and serve immediately.