Spinach salad with chicken, Gorgonzola, and cinnamon candied nuts is a light, flavorful, healthy meal.
If you are sick of eating just plain old, ho-hum salad, look no further! This salad is packed with veggies and with a bold flavor from the Gorgonzola cheese, crunchy sweet cinnamon candied nuts, and fresh, flavorful salad dressing with dried herbs! The succulent chicken is the perfect way to guarantee some protein.
Give this salad a try and I promise your taste buds will never be bored and your stomach won’t be growling with hunger one hour later. You will simply be satisfied!
- Baby spinach leaves (eyeball the amount you need), washed and dried
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Handful of Cinnamon Candied Nuts
- 2 chicken breasts cooked, cooled, and sliced
- 4 ½ oz. Gorgonzola cheese, cubed (bleu cheese works, too)
- 1 cup pomegranate aerials
- For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2-3 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash and dry spinach, transfer to a large salad bowl. Add the cucumbers, green onion, cinnamon candied nuts and toss together. Arrange the chicken and sprinkle on the Gorgonzola cheese.
- To make the dressing, whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl or put into a mason jar and shake until combined.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve. If you don’t plan to eat the salad in one sitting then serve the dressing on the side so that the leftover salad doesn’t get soggy and gross. Store both salad and dressing separately for later. Enjoy!